There are two daily departures from both Nairobi to Mombasa and Mombasa to Nairobi, one in the morning and one in the afternoon:
NAIROBI – MOMBASA
Morning 8: 20h 14: 18h
Afternoon 14: 35h 19: 18h
MOMBASA – NAIROBI
Morning 8: 00h 13: 42h
Afternoon 15: 15h 20: 15h
The station in Nairobi is located on the outskirts, 18 km from the city center near Jomo Kenyatta International Airport and it takes about 30 minutes without traffic from Town. Leave your accommodation early enough to avoid missing the train due to traffic jams in Nairobi.
The best and cheapest option to get to the station is the Uber, from Nairobi it usually costs between 800Ksh and 1000KSh (about € 9).
The Mombasa train station is not located on the same Mombasa´s mainland where the city is located, it is 15 km from the center near the Moi international airport and it takes around 30 minutes.
You have to be careful with traffic because traffic jams are quite common, as in Nairobi. Be cautious and get out early enough. You have matatus that leave from the same station and leave you in Mombasa Town for a very cheap price, about € 2. If you go to the beaches of Diani, once the matatu leaves you in the city, take a tuk-tuk that will take you to the Likoni ferry to cross the channel and continue to the beaches of Diani.
First class: 35 €
Second class: 15 €
To proceed with the booking, write us an email giving us your names and surnames along with your passport number and the days and times in which you want to travel.
The months of July, August, September, Christmas and Easter almost all tickets are sold within a few days of going on sale. They go on sale just two month before the departure date.
- We are not responsible if you miss the train.
- Once the E-ticket has been issued, if you want to make any changes to the travel dates, it must be done at the station by yourself along with your physical passport and you will have a 20% discount on the new ticket.
- Keep the ticket with you throughout the journey to the station of origin, you will need it to be able to leave.
- The ticket is free for children from 0 to 3 years old and they have a 50% discount from 3 to 11 years old.
- Ticketing cannot be done until two months before the departure date.