As we already indicated in our blog, when you come to Kenya and all the countries of East Africa (Ethiopia, Tanzania, Seychelles Islands, Uganda …) to get a good travel insurance is essential, more than essential, mandatory.
You may think that we recommend it mandatory because it is Africa and we already know the idea that people has about this continent regarding diseases, infections, poverty…. but that is not the main reason, we recommend it mainly because of how expensive it is the private health system. Public health is a real disaster, and medicines are borne by the sick to make matters worse, all Kenyans who can afford it have private health insurance and the difference between one and the other is abysmal. As an example of what private healthcare costs, in December 2017 I had a fever for three days and it wouldn’t go away, so I decided to go to one of the best hospitals in Nairobi, “Agha Khan Hospital” to see what happened to me, They charged me € 200 for some analysis of urine, blood and feces, fortunately he was in a fright, and I did not even want to imagine what a hospitalization would be worth.
As you will see, there are no middle points in this country, so we recommend coming with a good IATI travel insurance. Why do we recommend IATI insurance as the best travel insurance?
- Most travel bloggers travel with IATI insurance, that’s what we know about them.
- When it comes to going to the doctor or they have to hospitalize you, they advance the money, not like most insurance that you pay, and then claim to get it back.
- They are in charge of finding the suitcase in case you lose it.
- Telephone 24 hours a day, 365 days a year with Spanish telemarketers.
- When calling them from abroad they pay you for the call, remember that calling from depending on which countries is extremely expensive and Kenya is one of them.
- Car and motorcycle accidents are covered. This is essential in Kenya because most trips between natural parks and safaris are done by car or 4 × 4 and the driving of Kenyans sometimes leaves a lot to be desired.
- They have a lawyer at your disposal to consult you in case you have a problem.
- It is the insurance with the highest coverage and best prices.
Remember that to get the 5% discount you have to click on the IATI insurance banner found on our blog, otherwise you will not get the discount!
[fusion_button link=»https://www.iatiseguros.com/?r=27174460142146″ text_transform=»» title=»» target=»_self» link_attributes=»» alignment_medium=»» alignment_small=»» alignment=»» modal=»» hide_on_mobile=»small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility» sticky_display=»normal,sticky» class=»» id=»» color=»default» button_gradient_top_color=»» button_gradient_bottom_color=»» button_gradient_top_color_hover=»» button_gradient_bottom_color_hover=»» accent_color=»» accent_hover_color=»» type=»» bevel_color=»» border_width=»» border_radius=»» border_color=»» border_hover_color=»» size=»» stretch=»default» margin_top=»» margin_right=»» margin_bottom=»» margin_left=»» icon=»» icon_position=»left» icon_divider=»no» animation_type=»» animation_direction=»left» animation_speed=»0.3″ animation_offset=»»]GET YOUR 5% DISCOUNT THROUGH THIS LINK[/fusion_button]