Amboseli National Park
Two-day, one-night safari to Amboseli National Park, located 240 km from Nairobi and four hours by car. This Park provides us with one of the most typical images of Africa, the herd of elephants with the image of Mount Kilimanjaro in the background, the highest mountain in Africa at 5895m.
The Amboseli area is Masai territory, where they continue to live in the reserve and around the park, so it is quite common to see them herding or selling crafts at the access doors. We can find 5 different habitats: open plains, yellow bark acacia forests, thorny bushes on lava rocks, swampy areas and the seasonal Lake Amboseli, dry most of the time. The only elevation of the terrain is the Observation Hill, a mound that can be climbed on foot and from which we get a magnificent view of the entire park. Among the different animals that we will see are elephants, it should be remembered that it is the Natural Park with the largest number of pachyderms in the whole country, lions, buffalo, giraffes, hyenas, antelopes … and more than 400 species of birds.
Minimum two people
We recommend comfortable clothing, binoculars, sneakers and sunscreen.
- 1st day
07:00 Pick up
12:00 Safari at Amboseli National Park
13:00 Lunch at the accommodation or picnic to be decided with the guide
18:00 Arrival at our Tented Camp
- 2nd day
7:00 Safari for 3 hours
11:00 Lunch at the accommodation
16:00 Estimated Time of Arrival in Nairobi
To download the itinerary in PDF, click here.
- Pick up from your hotel by one of our English or Spanish speaking guides / drivers by car.
- Entrance to the P.N. Amboseli.
- Night at Tended Camp “Kimana Camp” with lunch, dinner and breakfast included.
- Bottles of water throughout the excursion.
- Soft drinks, water and alcoholic beverages on site.
- Tips for the guide / driver.
- Personal travel insurance. You can get it by clicking HERE and you will get a 5% discount through our blog.
Price: € 295 / person
Note: for pick-ups at the airport, SGR train station or hotels outside the Nairobi metropolitan area there is an additional cost of € 25.