Hell’s Gate and lake Naivasha
Hells Gate Natural Park is one of the smallest Parks and a source of inspiration to make the movie “The Lion King” and some scenes from the film “Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The cradle of Life” were recorded. It can be done on foot but we recommend doing it by bicycle as the roads are in very good condition, it is possible to see giraffes, buffalo, impalas, zebras … don’t worry, there are no predators! After leaving the park we will go to eat and then take a tour of Lake Naivasha by boat to see a large number of hippos and more than 400 species of birds counted and in the afternoon we will head back to Nairobi.
Minimum two people
We recommend comfortable clothing, sneakers and sunscreen.
06: 30h Pick up
8:30 P.N. Hells Gate
13:00 Lunch at Lake Naivasha Crescent Camp
14:30 Boat trip on Lake Naivasha
15:30 Return to Nairobi
17:30 Estimated time of arrival in Nairobi
To download the itinerary in PDF, click here.
- Pick up from your hotel by one of our English or Spanish speaking guides / drivers by car.
- Entrance to the Hells Gate N.P.
- Bike rental.
- Lunch at the restaurant of the “Lake Naivasha Cresent Camp”.
- One-hour boat ride on Lake Naivasha.
- Bottles of water throughout the excursion.
- Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages.
- Tips for the guide / driver
- Personal travel insurance. You can get it by clicking HERE and you will get a 5% discount through our blog.
Price: € 155 / person
Note: for pick-ups at the airport, SGR train station or hotels outside the Nairobi metropolitan area there is an additional cost of € 25.