Samburu National Park
Private safari to the Samburu National Park which is located 7 hours from Nairobi and belongs to the area composed of three national reserves, known as Samburu, Buffalo Spring and Shaba National Reserves, which cover 300 square kilometers, this being the most protected area visited from the north.
Its fauna, including elephants, reticulated giraffes, Somali ostriches, Grevy’s zebras, the oryx beisa and the generuks, is one of the main attractions of the park.
Its flora also occupies a prominent place due to the amazing rock outcrops and its dum palms, offering landscapes of great beauty, where the contrasts between the wide savannas, the springs, the green of the Samburu River and the shrub deserts also stand out. During the trip to the park we will also have the opportunity to observe Mount Kenya, the second most winged mountain in Africa after Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
Minimum two person
We recommend comfortable clothing, binoculars, sneakers and sunscreen.
- 1st day
08:00 Pick up in Nairobi
12:00 Stop for lunch on the way to Samburu National Park
15:00 Arrival at the accommodation to leave the backpacks and start the first “Game drive” until dusk
- 2nd day
7:00 All-day safari, option to have a picnic lunch in the park or at the accommodation
- 3rd day
6:30 Last “Game drive” of two hours
9:00 Departure to Nairobi with a stop to eat on the way
16:00 Arrival in Nairobi
To download the itinerary in PDF, click here.
- Pickup from your hotel in Nairobi.
- Tickets to the Samburu National Park.
- Two nights of Tended Camp at the “Umoja Camp” with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Bottles of water throughout the safari.
- Transportation by minivan or off-road vehicle with guide / driver.
- Soft drinks, water and alcoholic beverages at lunch and dinner.
- Tips for the guide / driver.
- Personal travel insurance. You can get it by clicking HERE and you will get a 5% discount through our blog.
Price: € 595 / person
Note: there is an additional cost of € 25 for pick-ups at the airport, SGR train station or hotels outside the Nairobi metropolitan area.